Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Summer's coming

Quick update: My children are now 8 and 5.5 our family Moved into our dream house a year ago and we just added 2 puppies. I responded to a FB question "What do you do on summer break" I love summer, it is hot so you are outside in the fresh air, being active. Also because we bond so much. When planning our summer I get a calendar and mark the last day of school. Then look at extended family vacation time, we start talking April. I also have a home based business so I block off the time for conference. I then look at what the church and community has to offer, VBS, summer camp, swim lessons, etc., I find an activity that they will both like (this year it is VBS and Karate) and sign them up for the same time. I make them a park passport, when we visit a new park I give them a stamp then they can color in 1-5 stars and say what they liked about it. We go to the park and library once a week, I also plan a craft once a week. Then there is the bucket list for all the extra stuff (roll down a hill) that you must do every summer. Pen pals are a great way for the kids to practice handwriting and who doesn't love to receive a letter? We celebrate the last day of school with a trip to the doughnut shop. I ask each child sets a goal they want to accomplish like ride a bike w/o training wheels. I think summer is the best time of the year and you can accomplish so much in the two or three months For other fun Ideas you are welcome to fallow me on pinterest pinterest.com/kmonroe HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!

No comments: